Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

Hi All!

This is my first post for All American Girl and I want to share with you what my blog will be all about. Last night I started reading the book Liberty & Tyranny by Mark L. Levin and it got me started! I have only read the prologue and have been so touched that I needed to do something. So here I am talking to you as The All American Girl.

I plan to share with you all of my thoughts and things I learn, as well as, the questions I have as I move through this book. What got me the most reading this book last night was a quote Mark L. Levin used at the end of the prologue. I am sure it is a quote I have heard before and that many of you may have heard but for the first time I felt I understood. The quote is...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - President Reagan

For now I leave you with this quote which I hope moves you the way it moved me and with the thought that crossed my mind after reading this. I thought that it is scary to think that freedom is not far away from extinction. And to me the scariest part is that the ones who can change it (our generation) don't know how. We all grow up saying I want to provide my kids with the life I had or that I want to provide my kids with a life better then what I had....if this is still your dream then we need to do something TOGETHER...our generation is now and the future of Free America.

Be back to you soon.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!!! I look forward to hearing more. You are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mag's LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait for the next one. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a girl!!!! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reagan will go down as one of the best. Well put Ron and Maggie! Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Pies!!!! I'm excited to read more! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so incredibly proud of you sweetie. I cannot wait to hear what the All-American Girl has to say next. I just realized that I married the All American Girl, that's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pies! I checked it out- very interesting! I should start a blog about all that happens in the life of a teacher, it would be full of drama and excitement! haha

    ReplyDelete