Wednesday, June 16, 2010

!

Have you ever compared you political views and actions to your day-to-day actions? If not do that today.

Another thing I have recently compared my political actions to was my childhood and teen years. The reason I have compared it to that is because like now it was the last time I was really focused on learning something. I mean of course I was focused through out school mom and dad but you know what I mean haha.

Growing up you are told and taught so many things but all through the same basic principles. Learn from our mistakes, Treat others the way you want to be treated, Treat each day as if it were your last, Be your own person and be independent.

All of this is also taught with a basic principle called: Motivation

And last but not least it is measured on a basic scale called: Success

The reason I bring this up today is because I have used these principles while learning the Mark L. Levin's Conservative Manifesto. Which brings me to me next thought/question I provide to you. Why if we can as children and teenagers growing up understand these basic principles but cant apply them to our day-to-day political actions as adults?

Learn from our mistakes:
wow the health care system in Canada has done VERY well...Let's bring it here.

Treat others the way you want to be treated:
Key word YOU. YOU decide how to treat others YOU decide how YOU want to be treated...not told what or how to do it...but wait lets decide how and when we are going to give to who the government has termed "IN NEED". Last I checked I was a moral person and could make those choices on my own (which I do and have done).

Treat each day as if it were your last: well that would be an easy one if each day wasn't so hard to savor but it is easy in the sense of treating each day as if it were your last as a free Ameican (because trust me...it is our last! If we don't work to change it)

Be your own person and be independent: Well what do I even need to say about that...our freedom of choice and speech is gone....but don't worry they are making it better and easier..they do it for us. I don't know about you but growing up my parents had us do and learn things on our own..with guidance...and we did have guidance in America it was called The Constitution (I say was because I think many have forgotten about it).

Now on to the part where these are taught through motivation and measured on a scale of success. For example a high school student....how are you measured? By grades...how are you motivated? By rewards for doing well. Like being able to play sports because your grades are good enough or getting into a great college because your grades are good enough. Those grades are what YOU worked for. YOU decided on how well YOU wanted to do. Therefore YOU chose your future. Whether it be a good future or bad that is on YOU.

Now, I know there is a lot more to the Government and politics then just basic principles but with the way things are going I am starting to think it may not be a bad place to start.

Talk to you soon!


2 comments: