Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2919

Hi Y'all!

haha I am trying the southern thing out but I am not sure it sounds right with my northern accent...but figured I would give it a whirl

Anyways I wanted to share a quick note with everyone...while reading more the other night which took a deeper dive into The Constitution it hit me that it is directly correlated to God and the higher power...and what gets me was that I was actually surprised...after about an average of 180 school days per year and over 21 years later I at nearly 25 years old just learned that.

I mean, I knew that God was a part of The Consitution but never new that it was what the founding fathers formed it around...and if you ask me that is both a shame and embarressment.

First we can't say prayer before school, second we can't say the Pledge of Allegiance and third no more saying Merry Christmas but it's "Happy Holidays"...and now I learn we can't even teach the FACTS of The Constitution....what next....only certain ones can eat lunch?!?!

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love the post american girl! Anyone who doesnt have one, you can get a free copy of the Constitution at www.askheritage.org (a must have for bed time reading)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. kevin. I should spend more time reading our constitution. keep the posts coming all american girl.

    ReplyDelete